2nd Annual "Quilt 'Em If Ya Got "Em" Retreat

Picture this, 3 full days of nothing but sewing, eating and gabbing with some of your quilting besties.
Once again, a fine time was had by all and many projects completed (well for some of us anyway)
I am still so discombobulated from going back to work full time (woe is me) that I was not very organized this year.

Here we are at the Wild Rose Retreat Center in beautiful "downtown" Orting, WA on day 1. All Set up and working away. Does anyone else see a disproportionate amount of tables around LaDonna? We had to have a table intervention and it's a good thing we were one person short!
It doesn't look like much but it took me all day just to cut out my project--there are 600 triangles alone.
Each block contains 29 pieces, there are 2 different block designs and a total of 30 blocks; do the math, that is 870 pieces in the blocks.
I actually completed 22 blocks, not bad considering we left after lunch on Sunday and I spent all day Friday cutting...I decided to put sashing in. OK, I lost count now.
Here are Ethel's accomplishments--she is amazing with the tiny pieces and her table topper pattern was a hit with us all!

These are Di's and LaDonna's....
These are Sue's and LaDonna's...If we were giving a prize for highest production it would go to LaDonna! (hmmm note to self for next year..a prize for most items completed..) We have already scheduled next years 3rd Annual. Maybe I will actually get my project done before then!


2 Response to "2nd Annual "Quilt 'Em If Ya Got "Em" Retreat"

  1. Jill says:
    September 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM

    Love it! I will make sure to pass on to my other similarly affected friends!

  2. CJQuiltDesign says:
    September 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

    Your projects are beautiful! Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to see your quilt completed. The fabrics are perfect together.

Post a Comment